Patients are seen by appointment only. We are unable to accommodate walk-in patients, with the exception of trauma. If you arrive late, we will make every effort to fit you into the Doctors schedule, however it is possible the Doctor will be unable to see you, and your appointment will be rescheduled.
Cancellations: Should you be unable to keep the appointment time we have reserved for your child/children we require a 24-hour advance notification. This will enable us to place another child in your appointment time.
No Shows: New patients who fail to keep their scheduled appointments and fail to notify our office 24 hours in advance may not be permitted to reschedule another appointment.
We are committed to providing quality and affordable dental health care. You have multiple options for payment available. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Express.
We also participate as preferred providers (PPO) with many insurance plans including Delta Dental, Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ, CIGNA, United Concordia, Ameritas and others. Please contact our office to review your specific policy/plan coverages: 928-779-0385.
We also offer short and long term financing programs for dental treatment through Care Credit, Ajeva and United Medical Credit.
Our office is also an AHCCCS (Medicaid) provider and currently accepts Care1st, American Indian AHCCCS, UHC/APIPA for DDD and CMDP.
We appreciate you allowing us to provide dental care for your child. As one of Northern Arizona's leading providers of pediatric dental care, we wish to attract parents that take an active role in their child's dental health and remain financially responsible. Because we value our relationship with you and believe that the best relationships are based upon understanding, we offer these clarifications on methods of payment and insurance reimbursement.
Upon your first visit, we will request a copy of your dental insurance information to allow us to file your claim for this and all future visits. Please remember to bring all dental insurance information, as well as insurance card(s) to every dental visit. We also ask that you contact us immediately after making any changes to your dental coverage so we can keep our records current to help provide expeditious reimbursement of your benefits.
We are dedicated to providing all our patients with the finest treatment available and base our treatment recommendations on what will be best for your child and not what your insurance company does or doesn't pay. Please note the following in regard to your dental insurance coverage:
- We must emphasize that as a health care provider, our relationship is with you and not your dental insurance company. Your dental insurance is a contract between your employer and the insurance company. Most plans routinely pay between 50-75% of the average total fee for a covered treatment. This percentage is determined by how much your employer has paid for coverage.
- As a courtesy, we will be happy to file for your insurance benefits, though we are not obligated to do so. Because your dental insurance plan is a contract between you, your employer and the insurance company, some carriers will not reimburse our office. In this instance, you will be responsible for the full cost of visits at the time services are provided, and your insurance company will send you the reimbursement check directly.
- Any amount determined not to be covered by your insurance company is payable at the time services are rendered; these fees may include deductibles, co-payments or certain procedures not covered by your insurance policy. Unfortunately, some of the services that we may recommend for your child will not be covered by your specific dental policy. Our primary goal is to treat your child using the best possible materials, supplies and medications within a safe and non-threatening environment and not necessarily in the cheapest manner, which is typically the goal of many insurance companies.
- We allow a maximum of 45 days for your insurance company to clear account balances. Any unpaid portions will be due in full, by you, after this period.
- Our office does not determine your dental benefits. Your employer chooses a particular policy, and if you are unhappy with its specific coverage, this should be brought to your superior's attention. Only your employer can adjust benefits or change policies. If your policy has frequencies or maximums on procedures performed any balance will be billed after receipt of the insurance payment. It is not possible to factor those into the estimate you will be given.
To help provide cost-effective care to our patients, we offer short and long term financing programs for dental treatment through Care Credit, Ajeva and United Medical Credit. To find out more about care financing options, please call our office at 928-779-0385.
After attempts to collect outstanding funds and a 90-day grace period from time of service, parents/guardians not fulfilling their financial obligation will be sent to a credit reporting attorney for collection, as stipulated by our accountants.
Prior to completing any treatment, we will provide you with a cost estimate indicating our total fee, what we anticipate your insurance coverage to be, and your estimated out-of-pocket portion. Please remember, this is only an estimate based upon generalized information provided by your dental insurance company. An additional billing or possibly a refund may be subsequently required should information provided be inaccurate.
We will always do our best to maximize the insurance benefits that you are eligible to receive, and we appreciate your prompt settlement of any charges that may be incurred during your child's treatment process. We look forward to years of close association with you as we work together to maintain your child's oral health!
For families without dental insurance coverage, Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry offers a membership plan to help make routine dental coverage more affordable.
This plan allows families without dental insurance to receive quality dental care by a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist at rates they can work into their budget. This is not an insurance plan, no claims are filed, no payments are made to any other healthcare providers, and may not be used outside of Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry’s assigned dentists. For more information and to sign-up please call our office at (928) 779-0385.
Regular check-ups are an important part of maintaining your healthy smile, and they start as early as age one!
The American Academy of Pediatricians, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association all recommend that you, and your child, visit the dentist every six months for regular check-ups and routine teeth cleanings. We would love to see your child here every six months to make sure their smile is on the "root" to staying healthy!
When preparing to visit us, please know that your child's appointment can last from 30 to 60 minutes.
Call our office today to schedule your child's next appointment at (928) 779-0385.