Dr. Jacob Johnson
My name is “Dr. Jake” and I am grateful to call the White Mountains my home. I grew up in Mesa, Arizona and endured the hot summers there as long as I could. I lived abroad for two years in the Dominican Republic and learned to speak Spanish there while gaining a better world view and a tremendous amount of life experience serving others. Eventually I returned home, attended Arizona State University, met my wife and we began planning our great escape. In looking at dental schools we decided on Colorado. The mild summers and snowy winters in Denver were great. It was very hard to leave after our four years of dental school there were finished. Luckily, our next adventure proved just as rewarding. I moved the family to the Pacific Northwest to complete a general practice residency in Seattle, Washington. When I wasn’t on service in the hospital, I was usually hiking through the majestic forests there with my kids (if it wasn’t pouring rain of course). In need of more sunshine, we returned home to Arizona where I worked for the next two years as a general dentist. My greatest passion, however, was working with kids. Who else is willing to draw you a picture or bring you one of their toys when you help them to feel better? With my wife’s support we made a cross-country move to Rochester, New York where I pursued specialty training in pediatric dentistry at the Eastman Institute for Oral Health. We enjoyed an amazing community there with small town sentiments, a diverse culture and an abundance of you-pick farms.
Having travelled coast to coast, I am thrilled to be back in Arizona with my wife and four energetic children. Around the Mountain Pediatric Dentistry is an amazing group of doctors who put their whole heart into everything they do. I am proud to be a part of this group. When I am not doing dentistry I am usually enjoying the mountains with my family or exercising our Australian Shepherd mix.
When you enter our office we will strive to make your child’s experience the best that it can be. We promise to listen and to learn about your child needs. Once we better understand your expectations, we can then make recommendations tailored to your child’s unique circumstances. More than anything, we want to watch your child grow up healthy and happy.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (Board Certified)
- Arizona State University, Academic Honors
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU.ORG)
- University of Washington, General Practice Residency
- Eastman Institute of Oral Health, Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Arizona Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Arizona Dental Association
- Northern Arizona Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Boy Scouts leader
- Youth sports coach
- Church youth group leader
- 2 years LDS missionary Dominican Republic
- Give Kids a Smile
- Oral Health Education programs for preschoolers